Welcome to the new academic year

Hope the summer has been fulfilling and refreshing for everyone as we are preparing for the new academic year. Our New Faculty Orientation will be held on Wednesday August 31, 2011, starting at 9:00 a.m. on New York City Campus in the Multipurpose Room. We look forward to welcoming our new colleagues to the Pace academic community!

For next week, August 24th (NYC Campus) and August 25th (PLV Campus) will be our Teaching with Technology Days organized by CTLT. I invite all faculty who can make it to register here. Also, there will be a “TAP – Creating your E-Portfolio” Workshop on Wednesday August 24th (NYC) and Thursday the 25th (PLV) at 1:15 – 2:45 p.m. I strongly encourage those who are going up for tenure and promotion to attend since you will need to submit your TAP materials through the Pace E-Portfolio platform. Please contact Maria Garces at mgarces@pace.edu if you would like to participate.

We are planning for more workshops and other faculty development events throughout the academic year in support of teaching and learning, research scholarship, and faculty leadership. Stay tuned! Please send me an email at schen@pace.edu if you have an idea or suggestion to help us to assist you to develop your career and succeed at Pace.

2 thoughts on “Welcome to the new academic year”

1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying each and every small bit of it I have you bookmarked to have a look at new stuff you post