Scholarship

I received my author’s copy of a new book on aging today and got in touch with Phil, our assoc. dean of Lienhard School, since we discussed the idea of gathering an interdisciplinary group of colleagues interested in aging as a way to explore faculty development in research and scholarship. Also collaborated with Grants Office on a workshop and involved faculty and staff in grants writing. While waiting to hear about my budget request for a proposed faculty leadership institute, I’d like some discussion to be started with an advisory board to gather input and also achieve some results. In planning for the Faculty Institute to be held in May 2011, I’ve proposed to add a panel on research and scholarship and a call for papers/presentations will be issued by CTLT soon. I’m pleased that Pace has successfully maintained doctoral research university (DRU) status in Carnegie classifications. An emphasis on research is imperative for both faculty development and student learning to make the University an outstanding community of scholars.